Having more than 13 years of teaching experience completing various teacher training courses with Ananda Kutir Ashram and advanced teacher training in Rishikesh, India with Jim Harrington, Juanita integrates her passion for Iyengar, Sivananda Yoga and Yoga Synergy elements into mindful Hatha ‘Slow Flow’ & Yin Yoga classes. The sequence of each class ends with relaxation or Yoga Nidra. With dedication, grace and integrity Juanita teaches with mindfulness to create an overall feeling of wellness and serenity.
Why choose Yoga to improve your well-being?
In this day of deadlines and stress, our general state of health is compromised on a daily basis. Providing equal maintenance of physical, mental and emotional health is the key to relieving stress, to reducing physical ailments and injuries and to experiencing contentment with all that we do.
This union of integrated health is achieved with Yoga. Yoga means “to yoke together” or “to unite.” So with regular practice of Yoga, the body, the mind and the soul unite together to provide a thorough workout and work-in through the heart space to heal unhealed emotions – energy in motion – to restore wholeness to the body and ultimately, overall wellness.
Did you know…
Definition of HEALTH is defined as: “The state of being free from illness or injury.”
Definition of WELLNESS is defined as “Wellness is more than being free from illness…It is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and NOT merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Yoga provides the medium for exercising and balancing wellness on all these levels.
See you on the mat!
Benefits of Yoga:
- Reduced stress, tension, anxiety and depression
- Improved flexibility and strength and reduced body weight
- Overall improved health
- Increased fitness levels
- Relieves physical aches and pains
- Reduced risk of diseases, including cancer and heart disease
- Complete cellular revitalization and maintenance of a healthy immune system
- Improved level of recovery from injuries due to restorative Yoga therapy
- Improved memory and concentration
- Assists to develop a calm mind
- Increased energy levels
- Detoxifies body and mind
- Improves levels of stress management
- A boon for prenatal and postnatal women for both mother and baby
- Recreation outlet for creativity
“Where does the body end and the mind begin? Where does the mind end and the spirit begin? They cannot be divided as they are interrelated and but different aspects of the same all pervading divine consciousness.” B.K.S. Iyengar.